Miso Fish Soup
You’ll need a blender for this recipe. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and is delicious as well as healthy.
• 3 spring onions, halved
• 3 tablespoons white miso paste
• 2 cm piece fresh ginger (peeled)
• 3 ½ cups water
• 150 grams shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed
• 200 grams bok choy, washed well and shredded
• 125 g vermicelli rice noodles
• 1 tablespoon tamari
• 225 grams skinless and boneless white fish fillet such as flathead or perch cut into cubes
• Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Place the spring onions into the blender and pulse on and off 2-3 times to chop. Set aside in a bowl.
Put the miso, ginger and water into the blender and mix at high speed for about 30 seconds to combine.
Open the blender lid and add the mushrooms. Pulse on and off 3-4 times to chop coarsely.
Heat a saucepan on the stove with a light spray of olive oil.
Add the spring onions and soften for 2 minutes.
Carefully pour the soup mix from the blender into the saucepan.
Add the bok choy, tamari, noodles and fish.
Simmer on medium for 3-5 minutes until the noodles are tender and the fish is cooked.
Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
© Chirosports Coogee Pty Ltd