Asian Style Chicken breast with stir-fried asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper and Chinese cabbage
Quick and easy this recipe is low GI and high on flavour. Serves 2.
For the chicken:
• 200 gram chicken breast fillet skinless (preferably Organic) cut into thick strips
• 2 cm fresh ginger
• 2 tablespoons Tamari (Wheat Free Soy Sauce)
• 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
• 1 clove garlic thickly sliced
Mix the marinate ingredients together in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken pieces, covering the chicken with the marinade. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours or overnight.
For the vegetables
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• ½ red bell pepper (capsicum) thinly sliced
• 1 bunch fresh asparagus cut into 3 cm lengths
• 200 g fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced
• 400 g fresh Chinese cabbage washed well and sliced
• 3 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
For the stir-fry
Heat wok and spray with olive oil.
Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 3-5 minutes on medium to high heat until cooked through.
Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
Add another spray of oil to the wok
Add the asparagus and stir fry for about 2 minutes
Next add the red pepper for about a minute
Then add the Shiitake Mushrooms, and Oyster Sauce continuing to stir fry for about 2 minutes
Next comes the Chinese cabbage for 1-2 minutes
Lastly stir in the Chicken
Serve with steamed rice or quinoa.
© Chirosports Coogee Pty Ltd